Kwik Fill Launches “Operation Give Thanks”
Warren, PA – United Refining Company of Pennsylvania, doing business as Kwik Fill® / Red Apple Food Marts®, today launched “Operation Give Thanks.” In keeping with chain’s long-standing promotion of its American-made fuels, Kwik Fill has activated a company and customer-supported fundraising campaign to aid active-duty service members, veterans, and their families using various armed forces related charities. “Operation Give Thanks” will run from November 1 through November 30, 2022, with customers making $1 donations at any store. Kwik Fill will also commit a portion of the sale of every gallon of gasoline and diesel that customers purchase from November 11th (Veterans Day) through November 28th to the campaign.
The combination of customers’ direct donations along with the amount committed by Kwik Fill from fuel sales will be donated to Operation Homefront and assorted military related charities. Operation Homefront is a highly rated national 501(c)(3) nonprofit headquartered in San Antonio, Texas that helps build strong, stable, and secure military families. 75% of the total amount raised during the program will be donated to Operation Homefront which will direct those funds to recipients in the Kwik Fill market area (western NY, western PA, and eastern OH). The remaining 25% will go to various other local charities supporting veterans and military families.
Jon Mechling, Assistant VP for Kwik Fill said, “We host many fundraising initiatives throughout the year, but this will be the first supported with TV, Radio, Point of Sale Signage, Web, and Digital Advertising, and it fits in so well with our commitment to a strong America. We’ve worked with Operation Homefront in the past and we are thrilled to be able to partner with them again for such a worthy cause. Our employees are especially excited to support this campaign.”
Kwik Fill invites all supporters of the military and veteran community in Kwik Fill country to participate in “Operation Give Thanks.” Visit www.kwikfill.com/OGT to learn more about Kwik Fill and “Operation Give Thanks.” Visit www.OperationHomefront.org/11DaysofImpact to learn about their 11 Days of Impact. Follow both organizations on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.